First, here are four important things to know:
1. The Health Insurance Marketplace is for people who don’t have health coverage
2. What you pay for insurance depends on your income – and you’ll probably save using the Marketplace
3. You can apply for coverage 4 ways (Online, Phone, With in-person help, Paper Application) Click here for a list of locations to receive in-person help in Durham: https://localhelp.healthcare.gov/#results
4. If you don’t have health insurance, you may have to pay a fee
For more details, click here: https://www.healthcare.gov/quick-guide/one-page-guide-to-the-marketplace/ You can call the Marketplace at:
1-800-318-2596 (TTY: 1-855-889-4325)
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Closed Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day
The US HealthCare Exchange: www.healthcare.gov ß Enrollment starts here!
2017 Enrollment Dates & Deadlines: https://www.healthcare.gov/quick-guide/dates-and-deadlines/
Open Enrollment for 2017 begins November 1, 2016 and ends January 31, 2017. Find out if you’re eligible to use the marketplace. At this site, you can also find out if you qualify for Medicaid or CHIP. There’s no limited enrollment period for Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). You can apply any time.
Here’s a helpful checklist of some of the information you’ll need when enrolling: https://marketplace.cms.gov/outreach-and-education/marketplace-application-checklist.pdf
Learn more about the Affordable Care Act (“Obamacare”): http://www.hhs.gov/healthcare/