Listed here is an array of activities during the month of May thanks in part to DHA's Resident Services Department.
- One on One training for computer classes held at the Stanford Library on Fayetteville Street. Call for an appointment at 919-560-7337 ask for Michelle.
- Computer basics at Oxford Manor every 3rd Tuesday of each month from 10-12 held by Durham Public Library, with Mrs. Delores Cue.
- Computer literacy at Club Blvd Community sponsored by Kramden Institute from -3:00, every
- Digital Access Center is now open at 326 East Main Street next to DHA. Free to the general public, 12 computers, public Wi-Fi and public printing No registration needed. Open Fridays and Saturdays Sundays 2-
- Peer Support Training May 11, 12, 13, 19, and 20, from -5:30. Call Joyce Briggs @ 919-683-1272. Scholarships are still available.
- Homeownership Workshop on jbriggs @ dha-nc.org or call RSD office. Next class is July 28th.
- Peer Support training scholarships are still available. Contact Vocational Rehabilitation Center (VOC) at 919-560-5810 and Governor’s Institute at 919-856-7413.
- Free Job training available at NC Works, please contact the office at 1105 South Briggs Avenue, 919-560-6880. Medical Billing/Coding and IT training jobs are available and plentiful.
- Silver Lining- presentation at Scattered Sites council meeting on Wednesday May's meeting 2nd Tuesdays at
- (Silver Lining is a mental health agency that work with seniors and aging. They also held with depression, eating disorders, substance abuse and alcoholism)
- Advanced Computer Class – “How to use excel” at JJ Henderson on Thursdays! Call to register. Bring your laptops. Contact [email protected] for more information.
- Coming soon, how to excel in PowerPoint.
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2018