DHA is committed to assisting and working to ensure that none of its families face eviction due to an inability to pay rent. To assist families behind on their rent DHA has established A Fresh Start, a program administered by our new Housing Stability Team. The Housing Stability Team is dedicated to contacting families behind on their rent to provide them with assistance to get A Fresh Start by:
- Answering questions about rental balances
- Escalating processing of rent reduction requests due to a loss of income or a hardship
- Assisting with Applications for Durham County’s Emergency Rental Assistance Program
- Entering families into Repayment Agreements
- Obtaining supportive services
Para español, complete el formulario a continuación.
Durham residents who are behind on their rents and facing evictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic are urged to apply for financial help to stay in their homes from the new Durham Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP). Managed by the Durham County Department of Social Services, eligible households can apply to the program by clicking the links below.
Para aplicar, https://dcoprod.servicenowservices.com/cares
If you have questions concerning the application or if you need assistance in filling out your application, and you are not a resident of a DHA community, please call 919-560-8000, select 1 for English or 2 for Spanish, then select Option 7.