In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have reduced in-person interactions to the bare minimum by having as many employees work from home as possible while still being able to maintain operations. Designated staff will continue responding to resident phone and email messages concerning changes in income and maintenance needs. Please see the contact information below to get in contact with the appropriate team at DHA.
- Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP): 919.683.1551 ext. 7213 or Email For More Information
- Oxford Manor/Club Boulevard: 919.220.7637
- Cornwallis Road/Laurel Oaks: 919.493.5801
- Morreene Road/Damar Court: 919.382.0321
- McDougald Terrace: 919.596.1639
- JJ Henderson/Forest Hill Heights/Scattered Sites: 919.683.8766
- Oldham Towers/Hoover Road/Liberty Street: 919.682.5319
- Preiss-Steele Place/Goley Pointe/Edgemont Elms: 919.479.5050
- Emergency Maintenance: 919.683.2545
DHA'S Board Approved HUD Waivers as of June 2020 (COMING SOON)
Here is a list of trusted local resources with good information about COVID-19:
DHA in partnership with the Durham County Department of Public Health and OptumServe will be conducting free COVID-19 testing on four of the DHA properties.
- Please click here for information on vaccines.
- Please click here for details on the testing itself.
- Please click here for DHA locations.
You may register and make an appointment for testing by visiting https://lhi.care/covidtesting, or by calling 877.562.4850. Please note that phone registration should only be used for people without internet access or are registering a minor for a test.
Walk-up testing will be available, but we encourage residents to register and schedule an appointment. Anyone who meets the virus testing criteria can be tested, including people who are underinsured, uninsured, undocumented or homeless. Symptoms of COVID-19 can be found on the NCDHHS website.
Durham FEAST Feeding Program Continues
Durham FEAST continues to provide FREE complete meals, fresh produce, and shelf-stable ingredients to children and adults experiencing food insecurity during COVID-19. Food is available for all children. Children do not have to be DPS students. Any Durham family can pick up from any site. Families that cannot do pick-up can sign up for Wednesday home deliveries here: https://support-bullcityschools.netlify.app/
People should remember the 3 W's when they leave home:
- Wear a face covering.
- Wait 6 feet apart from others.
- Wash your hands frequently, for at least 20 seconds
- Resources for Community and Faith-Based Organizations
- Operational Considerations for Personal Protective Equipment in the Context of Global Supply Shortages for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Pandemic: non-US Healthcare Settings
Durham County's priority is the health and safety of our residents. We continue to use every available resource to prepare our communities for the spread of COVID-19. A new data hub site provides information and resources for our county.
Call 2-1-1 or 888.892.1162
Durham County Hotline
Available 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM, 7 days a week
Text COVIDNC to 898211 to sign up for text updates
Hotlines and text cannot provide direct medical service.
In an effort to stay up to date with the most current and reliable information about Coronavirus Disease 2019, please refer to the following websites:
- National Level Information
- State Level Information
- Local Level Information