These waiting lists are open until further notice.
Effective January 19, 2021, DHA will be accepting applications for the Morreene Road and Damar Court communities
Tuesdays through Thursdays from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM at Durham Housing Authority Central Office - 330 E. Main Street, Durham NC 27701.
The Housing Choice Voucher Program Open Waiting Lists
HCVP Project Based:
The HCVP department will open its online RAD/PBV JJ Henderson Waiting List on Friday, February 19, 2021 at 9:00 AM Eligible applicants for this waiting list must be 62 years of age or older. The development will consist of RAD/ PBV units as well as regular PBV units. Please click here to view a brochure about JJ Henderson.
Veranda at Whitted School
200 E. Umstead Street, Durham, NC 27707
*Residents must be 62 and older
500 Pickwick Trail, Durham NC 27704
*Residents must be 62 and older
HCVP RAD Project Based:
600 Laurel Oaks Drive, Durham NC
30 Townhouse units
*Must meet 3BR voucher subsidy standard
481 Willard Street, Durham, NC 27701
*21 units: 11- 1BR & 10 - 2BR
Click here for details on this community.
807 S. Duke St.
Durham, NC 27701
10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
The Lifestyle You Want, The Choices You Need
JJ Henderson is a comfortable, cheerful and active community. Residents enjoy convenient living, and we believe you will too.
JJ Henderson Senior Apartments is subsidized housing for the elderly and/or disabled. Rent is based on adjusted gross income. Security Deposits are equal to one month's rent.
Featuring spacious Studio and one-bedroom apartments with water, sewer, and trash included and a laundry room on every floor. Take advantage of all the perks of living at JJ Henderson by strolling around the complex and soaking up the serenity in your own apartment home.
To Apply - No Application Fee!
Applicants can apply online at DurhamHousingAuthority.org, click on "Housing Programs" then click on "Housing Choice Vouchers (HCV)" and finally, click on "Available Waitlists" to access all online applications.
- Must income qualify and pass screening criteria which includes credit and criminal history, sex offender check and rental reference
- Applicants must be 62 years or older and/or disabled
About The Property:
- Water, Sewer, Trash Included
- Electric Included in Rent
- Studio and 1 Bedrooms
- On-Site Laundry on Every Floor
- Pet Friendly
- 24 Hr. Emergency Maintenance
- Smoke Free
- Community Room
- Pull Cords
- Rent Based on Income
- Outdoor Seating
- Off Street Parking
We make good investments in our people, properties, tenants and company.
We'd love to hear from you.
Contact us for more information about our income requirements, application process, and driving directions.
California Commercial Investment Group does not discriminate on the basis of disability status in the admission or access to; or treatment of; or employment in; its federally assisted programs and activities.
- 82 affordable rental apartments - available to 60% AMI and below.
- 39 one-bedroom and 43 two-bedroom units.
- Located adjacent to Durham Station for easy bus transit access.
- Amenities include: on-site management, community multi-purpose room and kitchen, landscaped plaza with city views, playground, grilling station and picnic shelter, fitness room, business center, WiFi for all residents, and laundry facilities.
- Durham Housing Authority will have 21 project-based vouchers for Willard Street Apartments.
Please visit www.dhic.org/willardstreet or call 919.615.3725 to add your name to an interest list to be notified in December 2020 when the application process opens. Please leave your name & email address. Please note, this is not a waitlist for an apartment.
- City of Durham
- Duke University
- AJ Fletcher Foundation
- PGIM Real Estate Finance
- RBC Capital Markets
- NC Housing Finance Agency
- First Horizon
What You Need To Know?
2020 HUD Income Limits - Durham
- Household Size: 1
- 60% AMI (% of Area Median Income): $38,220
- 50% AMI: $31,850
- 40% AMI: $25,480
- 30% AMI: $19,110
- Household Size: 2
- 60% AMI: $43,680
- 50% AMI: $36,400
- 40% AMI: $29,120
- 30% AMI: $21,840
- Household Size: 3
- 60% AMI: $49,140
- 50% AMI: $40,950
- 40% AMI: $32,760
- 30% AMI: $24,570
- Household Size: 4
- 60% AMI: $54,540
- 50% AMI: $45,450
- 40% AMI: $36,360
- 30% AMI: $27,270
*Subject to change, updated annually.
Rental Rates at Willard Street (not based upon income):
- Rents for 1 bedroom units up to $745 (674 Sq. Ft.)
- Rents for 2 bedroom units up to $900 (956 - 1047 Sq. Ft.)
*Accessible units available
Application Requirements for Submission: (Will be required only if asked to complete full application)
- $20.00 (no cash) application fee will be required for each household individual 18 and older.
- Birth certificates will be required for all household minors under the age of 18.
- Drivers license or identification cards will be required for all household individuals 18 and older.
- Social Security cards or Tax ID number (TIN) will be required for all applicants.
- Total household income shall not exceed 60% area median income for Durham, NC.
- Credit, criminal, and rental history screening will be required.
- For households where all members are full-time students, certain conditions for eligibility must be met.
- Security deposit equal to one month's rent will be required upon approval.
- Electric and water utilities will be the responsibility of household & account must be set-up in the name of the applicant.
- Rent includes wireless internet.
- No pets & SMOKE-FREE property.
The application process will open in December 2020 and those on the interest list will be notified via email with detailed instructions about submitting an application.